RABC Medical Delegation Visits Johns Hopkins International/ Baltimore
November 7, 2018
Wednesday, November 7, a high level RABC delegation formed by over two dozen physicians, a State Secretary and three legislators met with the top brass of Johns Hopkins International Management Team in Baltimore, Maryland.
The group included renowned names of Romanian medical establishment such as Fundeni Genera Hospital, Monza Group Hospitals, Sanador Hospital Group, Ana Aslan Geriatric Institute, Gral Medical, MediPlus, Techirghiol Recovery Sanatorium, Titu Maiorescu University for Medicine, Grigore T. Popa Medical University Iasi, Hospital for Emergency Care Bistrita, Media Kompas, Colentina Hospital Bucharest, Oncology Institute Romania, Pediatric Center for Recovery Nicolae Robane, Cantacuzino Clinic Hospital, OBGYN Hospital Bucharest and others.
During a marathon series of meetings and presentations Johns Hopkins Health System & Research and Development discussed the following :
- Overview of the Johns Hopkins Health System: (capacity of hospital network; faculty and staff;
- Maryland paying system; research and awards; future of Johns Hopkins)
- Johns Hopkins Genomic Center and discuss the importance of integration of the four labs that are part of the center (molecular diagnostic lab; center for inherited disease research; high throughput sequencing lab; and DNA diagnostic Lab) identifying genetic alterations in cancer affecting sensitivity and resistance to targeted therapies and connecting such changes to key clinical characteristics and novel therapeutic approaches;
- Opportunities for research collaboration;
- Ideas behind the Johns Hopkins technology Ventures and the achievements so far;
- JHI Global Partnership Initiatives and International Patient Services;
- Overview of the JHI twenty years of global partnerships;
- Overview of the international patient services opportunities and medical second opinions at Johns Hopkins;
- Assess the interest of collaborating with Johns Hopkins from the Romanian public and private enterprises;
- Discussion opportunities and conclude the meeting.
The visit and subsequent Hospital Tour presentations were made by a record number of physicians and senior medical staff.
- Mr. Benjamin Seo, Senior Associate, Global Services, JHI
- Ms. Soraia Angiuoli, Director, Business Growth & Relationship Development & Director, Patient Experience, JHI
- Dr. Katherine DeRuggiero, VP, Patient Services, JHI
- Dr. Hortenzia Beciu, Director, Global Services, JHI
- Dr. Christopher Gocke, Associate Professor, Pathology & Director, Johns Hopkins Genomics, JHM
- Dr. Alexander Baras, Associate Professor, Pathology & Associate Director, Pathology Informatics, JHM
- Mark VanderZyl, Operations Manager, Fast Forward & JH Technology Venture
- Dr. Jerry Stonemetz, Medical Director, Center for Perioperative Optimization & Medical Director, Perioperative Services, JHH
- Mr. Dan Greenberg, Administrative Director, Perioperative Services, JHH
- Ms. Jeannie Lee, Deputy Director, Perioperative Services, JHH
- Dr. Cristina Sadowsky, Clinical Director of the International Center for Spinal Cord Injury
- Dr. Alexander Hoon, Director, Phelps Center for Cerebral Palsy and Neurodevelopmental Medicine, KKI
- Dr. Carmelo Cuffari, Associate Professor, Pediatric, JHH Children’s Center
- Dr. Kelvin Hong, Division Chief, Vascular & Interventional Radiology; Associate Professor, Radiology & Surgery; Associate Program Director, Interventional Radiology Center
- Dr. Dawn Laporte, Vice Chairman, Education & Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery, JHU
- Mr. Chuck Cronauer, JHI Interim CFO & Director, Finance, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center